• google
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin
  • rss
Tag archive

US Immigration Policy

Thousands of Immigration Cases Indefinitely Delayed Due To Shut down

in USA Immigration by

Thousands of Immigration Cases Indefinitely Delayed Due To Shut downThe federal government has delayed thousands of immigration cases due to the ongoing partial shutdown by the Trump administration.

It is reported by the ABC News that most courts handling immigration cases have closed down due to the shutdown, thereby causing delay. As a result, a lot of asylum application and immigration claims cases are still untouched as the shutdown is moving to its third week.

The Immigration judged have reported that these delays have made the cases worse and also made the President’s goal, in terms of the border security, not achievable.

The People Laments

The Vice President of the National Association of Immigration Judges, Amiens Khan complained about how frustrating the situation was. He spoke on the irony of the whole situation, stating that the government was shut down to ensure border security and yet, it was affecting the Immigration system.

In December, there was a report that the Department of Justice’s Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR), without prior notice, had informed a lot of immigration attorneys of the postponement of their cases.

There are complaints from attorneys that EOIR didn’t notify them and this had rendered a lot of the attorneys and their clients (migrants) clueless about what the future holds for their cases.

An attorney with the African Hispanic Immigration Organization (AHIO), Kidhen Banet, had tweeted, at that time, how he was clueless about the cases until he had tweeted other attorneys and also called the court.

To get your possible Immigration options, approach Immigration News now, and we will also evaluate your profile with our Immigration experts and advise you whether you are qualified to apply or not.

Key Immigration Policy to Be Reversed By US

in USA Immigration by

Key Immigration Policy to Be Reversed By USA controversial US policy that necessitated that all adults residing with migrant children’s sponsors go through an extensive background check is to be reversed by the current administration. The reversal of this policy will ensure the quicker release of migrant minors from government custody.

The time migrant children spend in government custody had increased since the enactment of the policy of fingerprinting all adults living with sponsors back in June, according to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS, a department that cares for children who cross the border alone, revealed this on Tuesday, 18 December. They revealed that, as of 17 December, the number of immigrant children in government-run shelters has skyrocketed to a record high of 14,700.

US And Juvenile Detention

The time migrant juveniles can use in detention is limited by United States laws; hence children are often released to adult sponsors in the US when caught making their way across the border without a parent or legal guardian. Such children in the custody of adult sponsors are after that required to fight their deportation cases at the immigration court.

In regards to an extensive background check, Assistant Secretary at Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families, Lynn Johnson, said it had been discovered that the policy is not giving the protection or safety of the children any edge.

Advocates argued that a good number of children are held up in US custody as a result of the delay in fingerprint processing. They also said relatives are scared of claiming such children because information of potential sponsors is shared with Department of Homeland Security.

According to the reversal, only sponsors will be fingerprinted henceforth.

To get your possible Immigration options, approach Immigration News now, and we will also evaluate your profile with our Immigration experts and advise you whether you are qualified to apply or not.

US to Shut Government Down Over Border Wall Funding

in USA Immigration by

US to Shut Government Down Over Border Wall FundingPresident Trump’s move to build US-Mexico border wall has been met with stiff opposition from the opposition party, Democrats, who now has the strength of number in the house.  However, Trump’s administration remains bent on getting the border wall built, whatever it takes.

On Sunday, a top aide to the government revealed that the administration is ready to do anything, including shutting down the government, in order to get the necessary funding for the wall.

A senior Adviser to the US government who has been crucial to the governments’ aggressive and controversial immigration policy, Stephen Miller, revealed on Sunday that they are prepared to do whatever they have to do to get the wall built.

In defense of the wall, Miller said the barrier is imperative to stop the ongoing crisis of illegal immigration – referring to the migrating caravans presently at Tijuana.

The administration needs the support of Democrats if the budget funding makes it as part of the broader budget on Friday. Without this, the government may be left with no option than to shut down government according to Mr. Miller.

Border Wall: Part of Trump’s Campaign

Trump stated during his presidential campaigns in 2016 that he will fix the wall with the expectation of making Mexico fund it. Unfortunately, Trump has not been able to get the funding from Mexico and has since turned to Congress to fund the wall.

Democrats’ Dauntless

After last week’s meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, Democratic House and Senate leaders respectively, Trump revealed he would shut down the government if he doesn’t get the $5bn funding for the wall.

Schumer reiterated after the meeting that the government will not get his desires as far as the wall is concerned. He said they will only give not more than $1.3bn in public funds exclusively for fencing upgrades and other border security measures.

In reaction to this, Miller said Democrats will have to choose either fighting for America or to promote illegal immigration.

To get your possible Immigration options, approach Immigration News now, and we will also evaluate your profile with our Immigration experts and advise you whether you are qualified to apply or not.

Vietnamese Refugees Face Deportation with US’ Immigration Policy Change

in USA Immigration by

The United States, under the administration of President Trump, is set to push its immigration policy changes further.

Mr Trump’s aggressive move for immigration policy changes has caused a lot of controversies in the United States. In a recent development, moving forward with the changes could hold serious implications for Vietnamese refugees who have been in the country for decades. Some of these refugees could end up being deported.

Last year, attempts were made by the US government to deport some from Cambodia, Vietnam and some other Southeast Asian countries who have been in the country for a long time. The government tagged them, violent criminal aliens.

The situation faded away after some time but has now gathered pace.

The executive director of the San Jose-based Asian Law Alliance, Richard Konda, said the situation is alarming considering why the refugees came into the country in the first place – to escape prosecution.

He recalled how America spent a lot, both in cash and lives, to stem communism in south Asia after which many Vietnamese came into the US as refugees and agreement was made not to deport people that entered the country before 1995.

What Then Changed                            

According to the present administration, Vietnamese who entered the country even before the agreed year are not excluded from standard immigration law, hence can be deported

Security concerns are given as the reason for the move, and according to Konda, about 5,000 refugees now face deportation to Vietnam. He tagged the policy anti-family as it will separate families.

Immigration attorneys are doing all they can to find a way out of this. Let’s hope they can come up with something as soon as possible.

To get your possible Immigration options, approach Immigration News now, and we will also evaluate your profile with our Immigration experts and advise you whether you are qualified to apply or not.

Rules Unveiled for Asylum Seekers in the US

in USA Immigration by

Rules Unveiled for Asylum Seekers in the USOn Thursday, President Donald Trump unveiled yet another aggressive move regarding immigration policy. This is coming just two days after the country’s midterm election in which the Republicans lost its majority power to the Democrats despite the much effort by Mr Trump to get votes via the immigration stance. Asylum seekers who break border laws will be approached differently as new rules were unveiled by the government. Henceforth, any illegal immigrants that cross the country’s border will have their eligibility to seek asylum in the US taken from them according to the Justice Department and Homeland Security. Senior admin officials affirmed that the rule would not affect people who had previously gained access to the US through such means.

The new rules will not be operational until applied in a presidential proclamation by the president. Officials say it can be done today Friday, 9th November 2018. This is one of the first moves of the newly appointed Attorney General, Matthew Whitaker. In a joint statement with Kirstjen Nielsen, Homeland Security Secretary, Mr Whitaker said the tremendous burden is placed on the country’s resources as a result of an overwhelming number of meritless asylum claims received by the asylum system. These aliens hinder the US from adequately granting asylum to people who merit it, he said. Mr. Whitaker made it clear that what they are doing is according to the authority granted by Congress to take immediate actions on such people (aliens) who do not regard the government’s stance regarding seeking asylum in the US.

Administration to be Sued

As far as the latest immigration restriction is concerned, the government will maintain its stand despite expecting court cases. According to senior officials, the government and its relevant agencies expect the US Supreme Court to succeed in upholding the plan given they have 5-4 Conservative majority.

The latest addition to the high court, Brett Kavanaugh, will work with the four other conservative justices as reported by NBC news.

It is yet another time the Trump government will sidestep Congress in order to unilaterally shift immigration policy in the nation.

To get your possible Immigration options, approach ImmigrationNews now, and we will also evaluate your profile with our Immigration experts and advise you whether you are qualified to apply or not.

Go to Top
https://immigrationnews.com/wp-content/themes/fox

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon