Migration to Australia for nurses made easy

Posted on: 11 Mar 2017  |   Tags: ,

australia-immigration Australia is a place that holds a high value for professionals in various fields who want to do well in their career internationally. One such profession that has huge demand and scope is that of nursing. It is important that in order to be allowed to work as a nurse in Australia one needs to meet the registration formalities of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Also, the employer-sponsored visa would be required on arrival here in order to be able to register oneself. The registration in itself would be based on your recognized educational qualification as well as English requirement. For information, Bachelor-level qualifications from Belgium, Singapore, Chile, Canada, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Ireland, Papua New Guinea, UK and the USA are recognized by AHPRA. It also accepts the OET, IELTS, TOEFL iBT, and PTE Academic. Nursing is one of the professions in Australia that is listed on the Skilled Occupations List and includes facets like Mental Health, Critical Care and Emergency, Aged Care and Surgical nurses. Based on these, a skill assessment would be conducted wherein relevant work experience in the field would be required. The application procedure for nurses for enrolling themselves to work in Australia can be done via General Skilled Migration wherein a prospective nurse would be required to clear skills assessment in nursing as explained previously to get into Skill Select. For nurses, the most conducive way to apply is Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa. This clause requires 60 points to be earned by the prospective job seeker and does not hold any sponsorship by any government. In case an individual is not able to score 60 points due to reasons such as higher age or low level of English, may take the help of sponsorship. Sponsorship by territory or the state government gives extra 5 to 10 points which aid in better scope in Skill Select. One can also take family sponsorship by applying through Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa. Family sponsorship will give one 10 extra points. Ending further speculations, it would do good to inform here that many times, employers also offer sponsorship to nurses whom they employ from other countries. These include 457 visas (4 years temporary), ENS visa (permanent visa, with conditions) and RSMS visa. It is thus imperative that one obtains registration and a positive report on skill assessment in order to serve in Australia.  For assistance contact Acacia-au.  

Share your Comments

Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
chat icon